Why Every Restaurant Needs to Use Scheduling Software
It’s pretty easy to see that communication is a necessity to any thriving business. In today’s economy, it’s paramount to have a step-up in your communication whenever possible. The restaurant business can be brutal at times, with small margins and long hours, not to mention all the variables that can quickly turn a successful start to a day into an understaffed nightmare! Keeping a large crowd waiting too long at the hostess station and you may have just lost potential customers forever. Between understaffed waiters/waitresses, tables that need to be cleared, food orders getting cold, and special customer requests, many times managers and their employees alike can quickly feel the stress of the situation, and that’s not good for anyone! That’s where innovative technology comes into play.
Share the Load
Using staff scheduling software can lighten a manager’s load considerably by
- allowing managers to have the ability to create their schedules from home, if they choose, instead of in the midst of all the commotion in their backroom
- managers no longer need to cater to all those interruptions from employees asking when they are scheduled to work next
- they won’t be inundated with scraps of paper with handwritten notes trying to decipher when their employee is requesting some time off
- since now the employee is responsible for adding their own requests directly into the system, if you try to schedule this employee during an unavailable time, a pop-up will remind you about their request
- when it’s time to schedule that team meeting, it takes the guesswork and out of wondering if you’ve contacted everyone because now, it’s only a button click away
Think of all the time you’ll save by not having to rewrite a schedule over and over again!
Your employees will love using the online employee schedule system too! They’ll be able to
- access their schedule via smartphone, or simply check online; no more time wondering when the schedule is completed, or having to run back up to the restaurant to check the board
- input their own requests for time off, eliminating potential disagreements or friction; no more keeping your fingers crossed in hopes that your manager remembers your request
- receive reminders for when you’re scheduled to work; no more awkward feelings, wondering if you should call work to find out, or just show up and hope you were scheduled
Another important area of a restaurant that cannot be overemphasized is the bar. If a bartender doesn’t show up due to a lack of communication this can cause a potential great loss in revenue to everyone involved. Using a streamlined bar scheduling software can open up lines of communication and increase a restaurants profits substantially by
- having each bartender’s hours specifically laid out in such a way that meets everyone’s needs; bars typically open during later hours, and bartenders are typically balancing many schedules throughout their day
- bartender’s having the ability to put in requests from their smartphone or computer saving them time, and better organizing their daily schedule which expands communication
- increasing profit margins by keeping the bar open on time and keeping those drinks filled; generating greater profits for everyone
- keeping the highest profit margin available means that employee hours don’t get cut; everyone in the restaurant can be affected by this
Now, everything goes directly into the system, all in one, easy to use place!
The folks at WhatTimeDoIWork.comhave made a huge impact to help you save time, improve even the best communication, all while saving you money. This new innovative scheduling software didn’t happen overnight. It was developed by experts with over thirty years of scheduling experience who took the time to sit down and listen to what managers and their employees both needed and wanted to become more successful. Taking all their data into consideration, this team has developed a polished system where everything transpires in one place and can be accessed any time, day or night, from any place in the world. They have produced the gift of giving you less stress and making life easier, while at the same time allowing you more time to work on those other important tasks for your business, you know, the ones listed under all those other papers that you can now throw away!